Sunday, April 3, 2011

Who do I belong to?

Who do I belong to?

For centuries, I have belonged to man.

Without man, I suffered, was ostracised and died

I was expected to throw myself to my death on my husband’s funeral pyre.

My biology caused my slavery.

I had no access to food or security.

No right to be free.

Even God was denied me.


Who do I belong to?

My body has been used for pleasure that I have no part in.

It was bought and sold.

It was no longer living, breathing, sacred.

It was used, abused, dominated and throw away.


I say to you now,

That by the power of the universe,

I take my body back.

I reclaim my mind.

I am the embodiment of the energy of the cosmos.

I harness the beauty and vastness of the nebulae.

My being is sustained by the planets and the stars.

My birthright is divine.


I obey the laws of my own nature.

I commit to a loving relationship with myself and all life.

I honour my body, my mind, my life force, the movements of energy within me.

I belong to this moment.

I belong to all and nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment